Monday, April 15, 2013

Change

I first started this blog in March 2011...this month, it is April 2013. A lot has changed since that first bucket list post. I've ticked a few things off, but I think the greatest change has taken place within me. It's happened gradually, little steps I've taken every now and then in the direction of becoming a person whose skin I'm happier to be living in. And even though I'm not out of the maze yet, I'm putting together the pieces of the map I need to get me out. Someone who's more confident than she used to be, who respects herself more. One who's let go (or at least has weakened her grip on) of caring too much about what other people think of her. Who's stared insecurity in the face and said, you know what? I'm tired of having this conversation with you, I don't really need you. Who let you in? Also, I've become accustomed to living outside of my comfort zone recently. As nerve wracking as it is, it's been thrilling at the same time.





No comments:

Post a Comment